The TMJ dental treatment offered at our Killeen Dental Group in Texas ensures effective treatment against the pain and discomfort caused by complex TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders. Our expert practitioners effectively treat multiple levels of such dental problems. Our experienced dental surgeons and staff help in alleviating the unbearable pain caused by this dental disorder. At TMJ dentistry, our professional doctors offer an in-depth screening to the patients and conduct a careful examination of their occlusion bite.
The TMJ dental treatment plans provide an effective and strategized route to the patients and help them get rid of the annoying pain and improve their quality of life. Our professional dental surgeons help restore the jaw-to-bite connections that allow you to open and close the jaws enabling you to speak and eat without any pain.
Reach our services and get to know more about the treatment procedures for TMJ.
What Treatments are Involved in TMJ Dentistry?
The temporomandibular disorders (TMD/TMJ) are underlying dental problems associated with the jawline and face muscles. Our dentists specializing in TMJ offer a variety of treatment options to our patients depending upon their dental conditions.
There is a certain non-surgical treatment that eases the discomfort and pain after a course of medications and therapies. It involves the following:
- Pain Relievers and Anti-Inflammatories– Typically dentists recommend medicines like ibuprofen to relieve the pain.
- Tricyclic Antidepressants– Mostly used for depression but low dosages relieve pain and control sleeplessness.
- Muscle Relaxants– For pain related to muscle spasms.
- Oral Splints or Mouth Guards– Soft devices that reduce jaw pains.
- Physical Therapies– Mouth stretches and exercises along with ultrasound.
- Counseling– Educating about the factors that trigger the pain.
TMJ services dental also incorporates surgery for complex disorders such as:
- Arthrocentesis- This minimally invasive process requires inserting needles to remove debris and anti-inflammatory byproducts accumulation.
- TMJ arthroscopy- A small thin tube (cannula) is installed into the joint space and after it, an arthroscopy followed by surgical instruments is inserted for the surgery.
- Injections- Injections like corticosteroids are found effective in some patients.
- Open Joint Surgery- If jaw pains don’t cease then open joint surgery is needed.
- Modified Condylotomy– Modified condylotomy is an indirect surgery on the mandible to address the pain associated with TMJ.
What is the Treatment Cost of TMJ Dentistry?
TMD Dentistry is a complicated dental disorder the treatment plans of which depend on several factors. The treatment includes medications, therapies, at-home practices, and surgery followed by consultation with dental experts. Therefore, we have established cost-effective treatment plans for our patients.
We accept all types of insurance coverage whether it’s in-network or out-of-network plans. Our insurance team takes care of this process in detail to help in claim settlement. Also, we have options for payment in cash, cheques, and other major cards.
What are the Advantages of TMJ Dentistry?
The TMJ dentistry Killeen, with their professional dentists and services, helps in restoring your normal life. The pain and discomfort related to TMD in dentistry can get severe and make it impossible to contribute to regular activities.
Now, with TMJ dentistry you can say goodbye to all your dental problems.
- Relieves from chronic pains like a headache, neck pain, shoulder stiffness, etc.
- Reduces risks of dental disorders.
- Protect your ear health from tinnitus or chronic ringing.
- Enables you to enjoy your meal again.
- Enhances overall health and quality of life.
Safety and Wellness
The Killen Dental Group is the best TMJ dentist near me in Texas, complying with safety practices like screening and sanitization. Our expertise in dental services is meant to provide quality treatment for overall oral care.